Thursday 17 December 2015

GIVE US TIGHT SECURITY AS WE HAVE SEX, KISUMU prostitutes order president UHURU


KISUMU SEX workers  on Thursday joined the world in calling for an end violence against sex workers with a call for protection from the authority.

In almost every part of the country the commercial sex workers said  time has come for the government to de-criminalize the practice and allow the business to go on during the day; in addition to the traditional night leniency.


“I am not asking the government to openly endorse prostitution, but to at least repeal sections of the law which are very punitive to the practice. I will appreciate if we’re allowed to engage in the business openly during the day,” noted one of them

“For a long time, we have been discriminated upon, and now urge the government to create time, sit down with us and allow us open our hearts out to them; we are human beings,” echored Mrs . Kamau a Nairobi based collegeu

Ms Kamau noted that violence against commercial sex workers is alarmingly on an upward trend and further urged authorities to provide them with security.


“I have encountered violent clients who assault me, and those who don’t want to use protection. I cannot report the case to police officers because they judge and even look down upon me the moment I identify myself as a prostitute; I even risk being put behind bars.”

The Casual Coordinator for Kenya Sex Workers further urges the government to provide a conducive business environment for the practice – and when that is accorded, they say they will pay taxes willingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment